This week I was supposed to write a book review on the title, Breaking Busy by Alli Worthington…but I was way to busy to take a look at it. It’s ironic the things that are on my to do list sometimes. 🙂
I finally took the time to read it through, and I’m glad I did.
This season of my life is beyond busy…it’s a tiresome fast-paced race, and most days I feel like I am sprinting along with bare feet. I’m beat up, yet I am determined to finish the tasks I have in front of me and so I keep running, my hair in a bun, out of breath, with my face beat red…full speed ahead!
But, yesterday I collapsed…and so I picked up Breaking Busy.
Here is what Alli Worthington did for me:
1. She reminded me that I am NOT June Cleaver.
2. She nudged me to analyze my friendships & invest in the ones that produce fruit.
3. She complemented me on how I am unique from every person in this world and whispered to me that I have great worth.
4. She told me that getting rid of good things in my life sometimes makes room for GREAT things!
5. She convinced me that God does always have a place of rest for me in my busy day.
and lastly in her own words, Alli suggested this truth to me,
“A busy life is a life the enemy has created in order to keep me from God’s purpose. A full life, on the other hand, is a life lived in step with what God has called me to do.”
I know this is a short review, because my busy life is calling me away as I type, BUT…I will approach it differently because of Breaking Busy. I will intentionally keep God as my primary focus and evaluate a bit better everything that pleads for my attention.
If you are a busy wife, mother, women, pick up a copy of Breaking Busy. Alli, not only has the capacity and experience to offer some wisdom, but she also ices it with a bit of humor, which we should always have time for.